The goal of this liver detox diet is to improve liver function, which will then lead to weight loss. It's an eight-week, low-fat diet that emphasizes plant foods such as veggies, fruit and juicing. It calls for drinking lots of water -- 8-12 glasses a day.
The foods you're directed to eat are beneficial to liver function. Examples include:
• Vitamin K, from green, leafy vegetables
• Arginine, from beans, carob, and walnuts
• Antioxidants, from green drinks such as wheat-grass and barley-grass juice, and fresh fruits, particularly citrus and kiwi and berries
• Selenium, from Brazil nuts, kelp, brown rice, garlic and onions.
• Essential fatty acids, from avocado, green leafy veggies, and flax-seed